Here are the five things I wanted to share today;
- I found this recipe on Pinterest awhile back and just made it for the first time this past week. It was seriously one of the best dishes I've ever made from Pinterest. Try it, you will love it. My husband bought Mini Hawaiian Sub rolls and they worked perfectly. My roast was only 2.46lb. so smaller than the recipe called for but it still fed 8 people. I cooked mine on low and it needed the full 10 hours before it would shred. I kept the rest of the recipe measurements the same and didn't change anything. I really can't wait to make this again it was that good. I think I'll try cooking it on high next time.
- I'm traveling down to Berkeley tomorrow for two classes with Kelly Purkey. I haven't been to Scrapbook Territory in awhile so I'm really excited for some crafty good times. I need to get up and out the door pretty early since the first class starts at 10:00am. After the two classes I'm meeting a friend for dinner before I drive home.
- As I mentioned in my Project Life pages this past week I read this book recently. I ended up staying up until 2:30am reading it because a) I didn't feel tired and b) I really couldn't put it down. It's a lovely book about the birth of a child that unexpectedly had Down Syndrome. I'm not gonna lie, I had a box of Kleenex at the ready and used quite a few. Like I mentioned to the author the book moved me in places I never knew I had. I count my blessings everyday for a healthy child and have to hope that presented with the same challenges I would face it with as much grace and love as she has.
- Totally cannot get enough of this song lately. It's got a super cool retro sound that I just love and he sounds a bit like Bowie to me.
- Totally want to get one of these so I can make these in the very near future.